Salary: to be discussed
Responsible to: director of rugby
Overall purpose and key functions
To coach Murrayfield Wanderers Football Club men’s 1st XV to compete at the highest level.
Main duties and responsibilities
- agree targets with the rugby committee and players for the season ahead.
- plan and prepare for the season
- In agreement with director of rugby appoint assistant coaches
- recruit and develop a well organised management with clear responsibilities
- agree selection policy with senior management and players
- design and execute practice sessions which are active and relevant to the teams goals
- develop analysis tools to provide match feedback to players
- communicate personally to all squad members on selection decisions
- to work and liaise with the ladies and mini midi coaches in order to deliver a coordinated coaching philosophy
- working within a Positive Coaching Scotland framework
Knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications
- UKCC Level 2 (or commitment to achieve by Jan 2014) and should have completed the RugbyReady online course which is a prerequisite of UKCC2
- knowledge and understanding of the game of rugby union and local rugby developments
- track record of working effectively with players.
- ability to work with people of all ages
- able to fulfil a role as a leader and positive role model
- ability to manage delivery
- excellent organisational skills
- excellent communication skills
- ability to plan, report and prioritise workload.
- Level 3 UKCC Coaching Certificate
The post holder is responsible for ensuring fair, equitable and non-discriminatory treatment of all colleagues and players, in accordance with the clubs value and objectives.
How to apply
To apply, please apply in writing, including your CV, to the director of rugby:
Murrayfield Wanderers Football Club
112 Roseburn Street
Contact number: 07766702640