Murrayfield Stadium is one of the great sporting stadia of the world, the largest sports venue in Scotland and witness to many thrilling international rugby matches, from its inaugural match in 1925 which saw Scotland go on to achieve their first Grand Slam to a historic win against Australia in 2009.
Our experienced guides will take you through the decades of Scottish Rugby with tales from the first international rugby match in 1871 to the exciting installation of Murrayfield’s first Hybrid pitch this year.
Highlights of the Guided Tour include:
Please note: Due to events at the stadium, particularly International matches, the full tour route is subject to availability.
“An excellent rugby experience! Thank you.” Vienna Celtic RFC, Austria 20/09/2013
“Awesome stadium Scotland – thank you for your hospitality! Tour amazing!” Becky & Lyn King, Bristol & Chepstow 25/11/2013
“Excellent tour!” Dow Family, Aberdeen, 15/02/2014
“Great value tour with really lovely tour guide!! Very interesting!” Linda Connor, Ireland, 24/02/2014
Tours are available from Monday to Saturday at a set time of 11:00am. A guided tour lasts 1.5 hours and is subject to availability.
We advise that visitors book their Guided Tour in advance as there are limited spaces on each tour.
Please note that Murrayfield is undergoing the exciting installation of our first Hybrid pitch. As such there will be limited access to Pitchside during the tours due to the heavy machinery on site but otherwise the tours are running as normal.
April Tour Availability
The Guided Tours on the following dates in April are now fully booked:
Thursday 10th / Friday 11th / Saturday 12th / Tuesday 15th / Thursday 17th / Friday 18th / Saturday 26th
There is limited availability on Saturday 19th.
For other available dates & to book your tour, call the Scottish Rugby Ticket Centre on 0131 346 5160 (lines open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a wheelchair user or require assistance, please let us know when you book the tour.
Under 18s, students and senior citizens: £3
Maximum group size: we recommend one tour guide per 25-30 people. Larger groups can be accommodated subject to guide availability.
Private tours: tours can be made up of a number of individual bookings. If you would like a private guided tour, please mention this when you book.
You can walk round the stadium any day of the week, from 9am-5pm.
Storyboards in key locations explain the stadium’s history. You can take photos inside the stadium and visit the shop for a souvenir of your visit.
Please note: restrictions will be in place during international match weeks.
Walking tours are not available on the following dates:
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all tours of Murrayfield Stadium (a “Stadium Tour"). By participating in a Stadium Tour, ticket holders are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. Ticket holders should arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to their Stadium Tour start time and should assemble at the designated point within the Scottish Rugby Store. If the ticket holder is not present at the start time for the Stadium Tour for which they have registered, Scottish Rugby may (without compensation or refund) refuse to allow him/her to join the Stadium Tour. Please note that ticket holders and/or their bags may be searched by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and the Scottish Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission to the Stadium Tour if a ticket holder declines to be searched.
3. No food, drink or items liable to cause any damage to the Stadium may be brought on the Stadium Tour.
4. Young people aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other adult who is responsible for their conduct.
5. Ticket holders must follow the lawful directions of the tour leader and any other representative of Scottish Rugby.
6. If at any time during the Stadium Tour, Scottish Rugby believes that behaviour of a ticket holder is unacceptable or likely to cause damage or injury to either that individual, any other person or the Stadium (including but not limited to drunken or unacceptable behaviour, any acts likely to cause damage or injury, threatening, disrespectful or violent behaviour), Scottish Rugby may ask the ticket holder to leave without compensation or refund. The ticket holder shall also be liable to Scottish Rugby for all costs, losses and liabilities resulting from that ticket holder's actions.
7. If, in its sole discretion, Scottish Rugby deem that certain dress is inappropriate to enter part(s) of the Stadium, Scottish Rugby will be entitled to refuse admission to such part(s) without refund or compensation.
8. Please be aware that as Murrayfield is a working stadium, certain parts of the stadium may be inaccessible to Stadium Tours without notice being given. As such, Scottish Rugby cannot guarantee that all advertised elements of the Stadium Tour route will be accessible at all times and Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter or vary the route of the Stadium Tour at its discretion without compensation or refund.
9. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to cancel a Stadium Tour where this is reasonably necessary. In such circumstances, notice shall (if reasonably possible) be given to the applicable ticket holders and such ticket holders shall be entitled to either accept an alternative date/time or to receive a refund. No other compensation shall be payable.
10. No ticket to the Stadium Tour may be sold by the original purchaser to a person (or persons) for a price which is greater than the face value of the ticket. Advertising tickets to the Stadium Tour for sale in any forum including on any on-line auction or other website is strictly prohibited. Any such re-sale shall render the ticket void. Tickets remain the property of Scottish Rugby at all times.
11. Except for photography for bona fide private, non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited on the Stadium Tours. This includes, without limitation, photography, filming, audio and any other recording or transmission.
12. Scottish Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium, any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. Any promotion offered is, unless otherwise stated, solely applicable for pre-booked Stadium Tours. All promotions are run independently and no two or more promotions can be claimed at any one time.