Players looking to move from Scotland

International Clearance: Players looking to move from Scotland

If you are currently registered in Scotland and are planning to play elsewhere (including returning to the Union you were with before you came to Scotland) you will need to be cleared out of Scotland and into your new Union. In order to do this:

1. Please complete our Application for Clearance to Play within another Union form. You will need to get the person responsible for administration at your current club to sign the “Declaration on behalf of Club” on the Form. 

Download application form

2. Ensure that the Form is then forwarded to our Legal & Governance Department (email to You can either do this yourself or ask your current club to do so (in which case we recommend that you ask to be copied in).

3. We will review the Form to ensure that there is no contractual dispute between you and your club. We will also check your disciplinary record to ensure that you are not under any disciplinary suspension with more than five weeks still to be served.

4. If all is in order we will clear you out of Scotland and then email a copy of the Form to your new Union in order that you can be cleared in to that country.

Please note that we receive a considerable number of requests for clearance at the end of the Scottish domestic season. Whilst we will do our best to process your application as quickly as possible, applicants are recommended to plan accordingly.

Further Help

If you can't find the information you're looking for, have a specific query or wish assistance with an International Clearance please contact Kathleen Munroe at or phone 0131 346 5102.