Scotland draw on experience to meet All Blacks challenge
Scotland will field an experienced side featuring three changes for the third Autumn Nations Series match against New Zealand on Sunday 13 November – kick off 2.15pm.
Hooker Fraser Brown, fly-half Finn Russell and centre Sione Tuipulotu all come into the starting XV which features seven Scotland players who faced the All Blacks back in 2017.
Russell links up with half-back partner Ali Price, as they did in 2017, with Tuipulotu at inside centre and Chris Harris at outside centre.
The back three from last weekend’s 28-12 win over Fiji are retained with Stuart Hogg at full-back and Darcy Graham and Duhan van der Merwe on the wings respectively.
In the pack Fraser Brown makes his first appearance of the Autumn series at hooker, alongside Pierre Schoeman and Zander Fagerson in the front row.
The back five in the pack returns from the Fiji fixture with Richie Gray and Grant Gilchrist in the second row in front of a back-row of Captain, Jamie Ritchie, Hamish Watson and Matt Fagerson.
Prop WP Nel will win his 50th cap for Scotland if called upon from the bench seven years after making his debut in 2015 against Italy.
Rory Sutherland and Ewan Ashman provide the remaining front row cover, with Jonny Gray and Jack Dempsey the other forward replacements.
Try-scorer against Fiji, Ben White, is also available, alongside Blair Kinghorn and Mark Bennett in a 5-3 bench split between forwards and backs.
Scotland team to face New Zealand at BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh, live on Amazon Prime, Sunday 13 November – kick-off 2.15pm.
15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs) 94 caps
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh Rugby) 31 caps
13. Chris Harris – Vice Captain – (Gloucester Rugby) 37 caps
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 9 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 21 caps
10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) 63 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) 56 caps
1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh Rugby) 14 caps
2. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) 55 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 52 caps
4. Richie Gray (Glasgow Warriors) 68 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist – Vice Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 57 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie – Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 34 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) 53 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 26 caps
16. Ewan Ashman (Sale Sharks) 5 caps
17. Rory Sutherland (Ulster Rugby) 21 caps
18. WP Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) 49 caps
19. Jonny Gray (Exeter Chiefs) 70 caps
20. Jack Dempsey (Glasgow Warriors) 2 caps
21. Ben White (London Irish) 7 caps
22. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 36 caps
23. Mark Bennett (Edinburgh Rugby) 28 caps
Tickets for Sunday’s game are sold out, but there are still some good seats available for Scotland’s final Autumn Nations Series match against Argentina next Saturday HERE.