Advanced Coaching Programme
The Advanced Coaching programme is replacement the UKCC Level 3 in Coaching Rugby Union. The programme has been designed to provide support and learning in all aspect of the coaching environment.
The aim is to support coaches with on and off field coaching tools through the following:
– Coaching Approach
– Craft of Coaching
– Leadership, Management and Coaching
– Learning Environments & Culture
– Player Welfare
The programme will run for an eight month period in which coaches will be allocated a Scottish Rugby Educator, who will undertake practical and video observations, provide 1-to-1 support and help coaches with open dialog throughout the course.
The Advanced Coaching programme is open to all coaches delivering at Boys and Girls Youth (U16-U18) and Adult Male and Female rugby who meet the following criteria:
– Have completed Aspiring Coaching Programme or the UKCC level 2 (course must have been completed 1 year prior to application).
– Coaches must be currently coaching a team and committed to continue coaching the same team for the duration of the programme.
– Coaches must be able to show a commitment to self-development and CPD attendance
– Coaches must be able to attend all the on-course delivery modules/webinars and meet the set deadlines.
– Coaches must be 18 years of age and above.
The Advanced Coaching programme will have strand specific information targeting coaches from the Adult Male, Adult Female, Youth Male and Youth Female areas of the game. Applications will be accepted across the four stands and a proportion of the course will be reserved for each.
The closing date for applications is midnight on the 15 December 2022 candidates will be informed on 16 December 2022.
Candidate course cost will be set at £800.
Each Candidate will be able to apply for sportscotland subsidy support (successful candidates will receive further information).
Course Dates & Times
Day 1: 19 January (9.30am-5pm) – BT Murrayfield
Day 2: 20 January (9.30am-5pm) – BT Murrayfield
Day 3: 17 February (9.30am-5pm) – BT Murrayfield
Day 4: 24 March (9.30am-5pm) – BT Murrayfield
Day 5: 19 May (Timings TBC) – TBC
Day 6: TBC – successful candidates will be notified of date & venue once confirmed
Download the Course Descriptor here
To register please click the link HERE to our SCRUMS system.