Four changes for Under-20 Summer Series finale against Ireland
Head Coach Kenny Murray has made four changes to his Scotland U20 side for their final Under-20 Summer Series fixture against Ireland tomorrow (kick off 11am) – live on the Scottish Rugby website.
Patrick Harrison and Callum Norrie come into the front row at hooker and tighthead prop, with Iain Carmichael retaining his spot at loosehead prop.
As they have in every game in the Summer Series, Josh Taylor and Max Williamson make up the starting second row.
Captain Rhys Tait has moved to blindside flanker, and Gregor Hiddleston has switched from hooker to openside flanker. Ollie Leatherbarrow comes back into the starting team at number 8 to complete the back row.
Murray has made just one change in the backs, with Euan Cunningham starting at fly-half. His half-back partner will be Southern Knights’ Ben Afshar, who starts at scrum-half.
For an eighth consecutive game, Andy Stirrat and Duncan Munn will start at inside and outside centre.
In the back three, Gabe Jones starts on the left wing, and Kerr Johnston keeps his spot on the right wing. Keiran Clark completes the starting lineup at full back.
There are 26 players in the matchday squad because of the condensed nature of the tournament. All 11 substitutes are available to be used during the match.
Head Coach Kenny Murray said: “We have scored some good tries throughout this tournament and we will look to take our opportunities in the same way again this time round.
“We know from the Under-20 Six Nations in the spring that Ireland are a very good side who will challenge us but this group have worked hard throughout the campaign and know what they need to do to be able to put in a performance that they will be proud of.”
The game will be shown live on the Scottish Rugby website.
Scotland U20 team to play Ireland in the Under-20 Summer Series, Stadio Di Monigo, Italy. Kick-off 11.00am BST
15. Keiran Clark (Southern Knights)
14. Kerr Johnston (Gala RFC)
13. Duncan Munn (Boroughmuir Bears)
12. Andy Stirrat (Ayrshire Bulls)
11. Gabe Jones (Brunel University/Ealing Trailfinders)
10. Euan Cunningham (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
9. Ben Afshar (Southern Knights)
1. Iain Carmichael (Boroughmuir Bears)
2. Patrick Harrison (Watsonians RFC/Edinburgh Rugby)
3. Callum Norrie (Stirling County/Strathallan School)
4. Josh Taylor (Ealing Trailfinders)
5. Max Williamson (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
6. Rhys Tait CAPTAIN (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
7. Gregor Hiddleston (Stirling County)
8. Ollie Leatherbarrow (Exeter Chiefs)
16. Duncan Hood (Bath University)
17. Ali Rogers (Ayrshire Bulls)
18. Gregor Scougall (Watsonians RFC)
19. James Lascelles (Gloucester Rugby/Hartpury College)
20. Jake Spurway (Stirling County /Durham University)
21. Tim Brown (Ayrshire Bulls)
22. Thomas Glendinning (Ayrshire Bulls)
23. Ross McKnight (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
24. Liam McConnell (Boroughmuir Bears)
25. Rudi Brown (Southern Knights/Edinburgh Rugby)
26. Finlay Burgess (Stirling County)