Scotland U20 team named for French encounter
Scotland U20 Head Coach Kenny Murray has named his side to host France U20 in the third round of the Under-20 Six Nations at DAM Health Stadium (Friday 25 February, kick-off 8pm) – live on BBC iPlayer.
There is only one change to the starting team who suffered a defeat away to their Welsh counterparts in round two.
Ollie Leatherbarrow (pictured) returns to the team to wear the Number 8 jersey after taking an opportunity to be involved in Exeter Chiefs match-day squad in second round.
Try-scorer from the match against Wales, Matthew Deehan (Newcastle Falcons) moves to blindside flanker from Number 8, with Rhys Tait (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors) once again captaining the side from the openside flank.
The front row remains unchanged from the welsh clash with loosehead prop Mikey Jones (Heriot’s Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby) and tighthead prop Gregor Scougall (Currie Chieftains) packing down either side of Edinburgh Rugby hooker Paddy Harrison.
The second row remains unchanged for the third consecutive game with the soaring figures of Max Williamson (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) and Josh Taylor (Ealing Trailfinders) in the boiler house.
The half-back pairing of Murray Redpath (Newcastle University) at scrum-half and Christian Townsend (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors) at stand-off also remains unchanged with the pair set to start their third game together.
GHA’s Andy Stirrat made his first appearance for Scotland U20 against Wales and retains his starting position at inside centre with Duncan Munn (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors) at outside centre.
Robin McClintock from Montpellier showed how powerful his boot can be last time out, starts once again at full-back with Ollie Melville (Newcastle University) and Ross McKnight (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) lining up on either wings for third successive games.
On the bench, Gregor Hiddleston (GHA), Ali Rogers (Glasgow Hawks) and Callum Norrie (Strathallan School) are the replacement front row.
Forwards Rudi Brown (Watsonians Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby) and Tim Brown (Glasgow Hawks) are no relation to each other but could make their first Scotland U20 appearances togeather on Friday night if they get an opportunity to take to the park.
Utility back Thomas Glendenning (Glasgow Hawks) returns to the squad from injury whilst Jonty Cope (Durham University) and Euan Cunningham (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) can also be called upon to make an impact from the bench.
Head Coach Kenny Murray said: “We’re still a bit frustrated from the last game against Wales. We were in the Welsh half a lot in that first half and had numerous opportunities to score, so we just need to execute our plays better in order for us to do that.
“The fact that we’ve only made one change to the team shows that there are positives to take from that game. We know that France will be a physical outfit, but we showed against England that we can match that, and some.
“As we’ve said previously the team didn’t perform for the full-80minutes. If we do that then we will get the result we have been after.”
Scotland U20 team to face France on Friday 25 February at DAM Health Stadium, Edinburgh (kick-off 8pm, BBCiPlayer)
15. Robin Mc Clintock (Montpellier) (2)
14. Ross McKnight* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) (5)
13. Duncan Munn** (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors) (2)
12. Andy Stirrat** (GHA) (1)
11. Ollie Melville (Newcastle University) (6)
10. Christian Townsend* (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors) (7)
9. Murray Redpath (Newcastle University) (6)
1. Michael Jones* (Heriot’s Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby) (7)
2. Patrick Harrison* (Edinburgh Rugby) (6)
3. Gregor Scougall** (Currie Chieftains) (2)
4. Josh Taylor (Ealing Trailfinders) (2)
5. Max Williamson* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) (6)
6. Matthew Deehan (Newcastle Falcons) (2)
8. Ollie Leatherbarrow (Exeter Chiefs) (6)
7. Rhys Tait* (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors) (7) CAPTAIN
16. Gregor Hiddleston (GHA) (2)
17. Ali Rogers (Glasgow Hawks) (1)
18. Callum Norrie** (Strathallan School) (2)
19. Rudi Brown* (Watsonians Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby) (0)
20. Tim Brown (Glasgow Hawks)(0)
21. Jonty Cope (Durham University) (1)
22. Euan Cunningham* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors) (5)
23. Thomas Glendinning** (Glasgow Hawks) (3)
*FOSROC Scottish RugbyContracted Academy Player
**FOSROC Scottish RugbyRegional Academy Player
(N) donates previous Scotland U20 appearances